I've been gone for awhile and I apologize for that, but I'M BACK!!
I'm on Weight Watchers now so many of these recipes will be off their site and I'll state that if they are and if I tweaked the recipe at all.
Last night we had Butternut Squash and Ricotta Pasta Bake (WW recipe, tweaked, 7 pts)
INGREDIENTS:
20 oz butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 Tbsp fresh thyme
12 oz uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
2 tsp olive oil
½ sweet onion, chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 ¼ cup fat free milk
½ tsp table salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
½ cup part skim ricotta
1/3 cup pecorino cheese, shredded
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cover a cookie sheet with cooking spray and spead squash in a single layer. Sprinkle with thyme. Roast until tender, or about 30 minutes.
2. Remove squash from oven, place in bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher.
3. Cook pasta according to directions on box.
4. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil and onion in a large saucepan and cook on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2.
5. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Add milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, whisking frquently. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 2 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
6. Remove from heat and add mashed squash and ricotta cheese. Stir to combine.
7. Drain pasta and add to squash mixture. Mix well.
8. Spray a 3 qt baking dish with cooking spray, and add pasta mixture. Spread evenly and top with shredded cheese.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
No comments:
Post a Comment